I just booked this resort for a lovely couple for their destination wedding and it reminded me of why it works so well for weddings. Lucky for them, my wedding couple was able to take a 2nd week holiday to enjoy another resort for their honeymoon after the first week with friends and family at the Gran Caribe Real to celebrate their destination wedding!
The first thing that struck me when I visited the Gran Caribe Real was the amazing view. Turquoise waters and soft, white sand for as far as you can see. They also have a wide beach and shallow waters for about 20 feet in. I was impressed.
Why is the Gran Caribe Real great for weddings?
· 20 minutes from Cancun which means a short transfer ride for your group.
· Close to many attractions, nightlife, shopping and excursions. You can be as busy as you like without taking a long taxi ride to many attractions.
- Family friendly & perfect for a wedding group that has a broad range of ages. There is a huge pirate water park for kids. Small enough resort that is easy to get around for mature guests.
- Small to medium sized resort. No tram to the beach necessary. Doesn’t take you a day(s)to figure out where everything is, including your room location. (!!)
- Great service is a common feedback remark from clients returning from Real Resorts.
- Dedicated wedding department based out of Cancun. The Real Resorts take wedding seriously. They have a huge wedding office located in the Gran Caribe Real. There is an official place for you to meet with your wedding coordinator when you arrive.
- Price point is great at the Gran Caribe Real. It is a great choice for budget minded groups who are looking for a four star resort experience. Rooms from $120 CAD per night, double occupancy, all inclusive meal plan.
- Resort has many room categories. Your guests that are budget minded to your guests who appreciate VIP amenities, services and premium located rooms will be satisfied. Rooms offered are the lead in Junior Suite rooms, to oceanview rooms to their Master Suites which give guests access to the neighbouring Royal Resort (adult only) for more dining options, pool access.
- Real Resorts have an amazing wedding website where you can look up your wedding date for availability, book your wedding, add a la carte items etc. There are many pictures on their website that help with your planning. Plus their wedding packages include up to 35 guests and with the dinner reception included. http://weddings.realresorts.com/
Gran Caribe Real Synopsis
- 20 minutes from Cancun, golf course nearby, right on beach, walking distance to Cancun malls.
- 487 rooms, 8 floors high.
- All inclusive rate includes 3 meals a day, all snacks and all beverages including domestic and select international alcoholic beverages. Lobster and fine cuts of meat are a surcharge. All inclusive also includes non motorized water sports, use of beach towels and chairs, waiter service at pool and beach and all tips. You also have exchange privileges with sister Real Resort properties – Real Playa del Carmen and Gran Porto Real (transfers not included).
- 8 restaurants including 3 a la carte choices (Mexican, international, grill) and 8 bars.
- Snack bar, health and sushi snack bar,
- 2 freshwater pools, outdoor whirlpools and sauna
- Fitness center
- Kids water park and supervised kids activities
- Boutiques, gift stores ($)
- Squash court, tennis court
- Massages available
Wedding Ceremony locations:
Beach locations, Oceanfront Gazebo, Oceanview terrace, Catholic oceanfront chapel.
Beach locations, roof top terrace with can hold up to 200 guests, Oceanview terraza villa terrace which can hold up to 80 guests and also the area (terrace) behind the oceanfront gazebo, ball rooms and 7 restaurants. These are also the locations for cocktails as well, after your ceremony.